Churches nation-wide now have recognition as indispensable threads in the fabric society as the president has labeled churches to be essential organizations in light of the coronavirus pandemic. On the heels of this announcement, we have decided with great joy to open the doors to the church once again. Below is everything you need to know about our May 30/31st re-gathering.
We have formulated what meeting will look like based on some recommended restrictions and ask that everyone have extra grace with each other as we all learn to gather in this "new normal."
- Each week we will have two services. One on Saturday evenings at 6:30pm (first one on May 30) and one on Sunday mornings at 10:00am (first one on May 31). We will only have up to 50 people in the building at a time and will be sitting in socially distanced groups. We will properly clean the facility after each service according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Attendance must be strictly monitored and we will roll out a system before May 30th to ensure we are able to do so. We will be shortening our in-person services as we explore what the new normal will look like. Still Springs Vineyard style; same values and practices, only shorter.
- Online services will continue to be put on YouTube each Sunday. Find our YouTube Channel here: Springs Vineyard YouTube and look for the Sunday morning playlist. We don’t want to exclude anyone from participating in the community. If you are considered high risk and need to be staying at home, we will continue offering Sunday morning Zoom meetings to foster community for you.
- Of our two services, only one service will include a short Bible lesson for the kids. (The decision on which service will have an included kids lesson will be made by Wednesday, 5/27) During that entire service, we will ask parents to keep their children with them, preventing them from running to greet other kids or adults. We will not be offering Kidz Church or any activities in the Kidz area until we feel we are able to do so. Parents with babies will have access to the office and can listen to the service there. We will provide coloring sheets and crayons near the entrance to the sanctuary for any kiddos who need something to do to keep busy. We will be learning a lot about flexibility and extending grace to each other.
- We ask that if you are sick or know that you might have been exposed… please stay at home until you know your health situation is clear.
- We ask that everyone respect one another by following the recommended guidelines for social distancing. (For example, we will limit how many people can use the bathroom facilities at a time.) We will make everything very clear with posted signs and announcements. There are now no-touch soap dispensers in each of the restrooms and at the lobby sink. As soon as they become available to ship (there is a massive shortage as you can imagine), we will also be mounting hand sanitizer dispensers in the lobby and near the restrooms. In the meantime, find hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes stationed around the church. We will not require the wearing of masks, so be aware that some will choose to wear them and some will choose not to. For a time, we will have to exercise some discipline and self-control when the urge to shake hands or hug rises up inside of us. We recognize that there is some awkwardness involved when we don’t greet each other in the ways that we are used to, but it won’t last forever.
- We recognize that everyone has strongly differing opinions about the virus, the pandemic and the government’s recommendations. In order to protect and respect everyone, we ask that we choose to stand in unity together by following the recommendations without voicing our opinions, which at this time can be a cause of divisiveness.
- To give online please click here for our secure giving page.
- To give by mail, send check to The Springs Vineyard, PO Box 51368, CO Spgs, CO 80949
- We ask that you find some space to dedicate to prayer; both because of the virus and how it is affecting our world, and for the tough decisions that leaders everywhere (including us) are having to make. Also pray for God to release a new power through the Holy Spirit to help us more effectively witness for Jesus in the coming days. God is bigger than all of this and we want Him to show up despite any restrictions we are facing!
We want the focus of ‘re-gathering’ to be on Jesus; worshipping Him and enjoying being with each other.
-Your Springs Vineyard Leadership Team
More than ever before, we want the Springs Vineyard to be a refuge for encountering God. It is a wonderful time to invite people who have been isolated, disoriented and fearful during the pandemic to come with you to a safe, protected refuge and encounter God.